Also known as a forehead lift, a brow lift minimizes the creases that develop across the forehead, or those that occur high on the bridge of the nose; improves what are commonly referred to as frown lines; and repositions a low or sagging brow.
If you are bothered by expression lines or other signs of aging in the brow region, a brow lift may be right for you. A brow lift:
- Minimizes the creases that develop across the forehead, or those that occur high on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves what are commonly referred to as frown lines, vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Repositions a low or sagging brow that is hooding the upper eyelid
- Raises the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position
- Procedures typically performed in conjunction with a brow lift include:
- Eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes
- Facelift to correct aging changes in the mid- to lower face and neck regions
- Skin resurfacing techniques, such as laser treatments
A brow lift is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
Is it right for me?
Brow lift surgery is a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
What happens during brow lift surgery?
Step 1 – Anesthesia
Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Dr. Mueller will recommend the best choice for you.
Step 2 – The incision
A brow lift is commonly performed using Dr. Mueller’s patented minimally invasive iGuide technology. Depending on the shape and size of the forehead, he may use an endoscope (surgical video device) and special instruments placed through small incisions made within the hairline. This allows the tissue and muscle beneath the skin to be repositioned, altered or removed, correcting the source of visible creases and furrows in the forehead.
Correction of a low-positioned or sagging brow may be made with or without the use of an endoscope through incisions at the temples and in the scalp.
Step 3 – Closing the incisions
Brow lift incisions typically are closed with removable or absorbable sutures and special clips
Step 4 – See the results
The results will be long lasting. Brow elevation may be maintained by the use of permanent sutures. Initial wound healing may take 5 to 10 days, at which time any sutures or clips will be removed. You will be ready to return to work and normal activity at this time. Cosmetics can camouflage any bruising that remains.
Healing will continue for several weeks as the swelling dissipates and incision lines refine and fade and it may take several months for your complete recovery.
Life-long sun protection will help to maintain your rejuvenated appearance by minimizing photo-aging or sun damage. In addition, a healthy lifestyle will also help extend the results of your rejuvenated, more youthful appearance.
What costs may be involved?
- Surgeon’s fee.
- Surgical facility costs.
- Anesthesia fees.
- Prescriptions for medication.
- Medical clearance from your doctor.
- Medical tests.
Your satisfaction involves more than a fee.
When choosing a plastic surgeon, remember that achieving the desired cosmetic outcome involves many choices. The first and most important decision is selecting a surgeon you can trust.
Choosing Dr. Mueller ensures that you have selected a surgeon who:
- Has completed at more than seven years of general surgical training with an additional two years specifically in plastic surgery.
- Has been in private practice for more than fifteen years.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
- Has keen artistic judgment.
- Is an inventor and top innovator is the field of facial and neck procedures.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities.
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery ASPS Member Surgeons.
Dr. Mueller’s private practice offers elite care. We provide a highly personalized boutique like experience. Just as important as the final cost of the surgery is your comfort with Dr. Mueller and his team as well as your trust in him.