Commonly referred to as pec augmentation surgery, also known as pectoral augmentation surgery, is designed to increase chest size and shape by inserting implants made of solid silicone under the muscle. Some body types do not achieve chest muscle tone and definition as easily as others. Even with exercise, some men will not be able to see the desired results simply from working out the chest area.
In other instances, underdevelopment of the chest muscles can be the result of a growth defect or injury. In these instances, pec augmentation surgery can create or recreate a natural looking chest area. Like many other cosmetic enhancements, this procedure aesthetically enhances an area of the body through surgery when no other alternatives are available or desirable. Dr. Mueller has perfected his technique to a point where it has been used as an educational tool for other surgeons.
What are some of the benefits of this surgery?
Male pectoral implants are designed to define and shape the chest area. In men who cannot achieve desired results through exercise, the surgery can give the existing muscles a toned, enhanced look. For patients with congenital defects or loss of muscle in an accident or injury, the pec augmentation surgery can often reproduce a natural, even a symmetrical chest area.
Pectoral implants can help build self-confidence in individuals who were once embarrassed by their appearance.
In most cases, pectoral implants are combined with liposuction in order to create optimal results. The fat around the chest area may be removed after the implants are inserted. The combination of these two procedures gives the chest area improved definition.
It should be noted that pectoral implants are solid and do not have a risk of leaking. For men, the material is a solid yet soft material (similar to the material used in chin implants). They cannot leak and are almost impossible to break.
While pec augmentation surgery affects the way that your chest muscles look, they do not affect the function. Movement and activity should not be restricted or hindered after full recovery. In addition, the implants in no way add strength or power to the existing muscles.
What costs may be involved?
- Surgeon’s fee.
- Surgical facility costs.
- Anesthesia fees.
- Prescriptions for medication.
- Medical clearance from your doctor.
- Medical tests.
Your satisfaction involves more than a fee.
When choosing a plastic surgeon, remember that achieving the desired cosmetic outcome involves many choices. The first and most important decision is selecting a surgeon you can trust.
Choosing Dr. Mueller ensures that you have selected a surgeon who:
- Has completed at more than seven years of general surgical training with an additional two years specifically in plastic surgery.
- Has been in private practice for more than fifteen years.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
- Has keen artistic judgment.
- Is an inventor and top innovator is the field of facial and neck procedures.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities.
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery ASPS Member Surgeons.
Dr. Mueller’s private practice offers elite care. We provide a highly personalized boutique like experience. Just as important as the final cost of the surgery is your comfort with Dr. Mueller and his team as well as your trust in him.